Dental Implants are artificial tooth roots that are inserted into the jaw bone to replace missing natural teeth. Implants and their attached crowns closely mimic the look and function of a real teeth. They can make an attractive alternative to dentures and bridges.
- Prevent bon loss in the jaw ( which may reduce the risk of adjacent natural teeth becoming loose)
- Prevent the formation of hollowed or collapses cheeks (that can occur after a tooth extraction)
- Are usually surrounded by gum tissue like natural teeth
- may prevent gum recession
- Unlike bridges do not require reshaping of neighbouring healthy teeth
- are firmly secured in the jaws
- are more comfortable than dentures
A dental implant is designed to last for many years but poor oral hygiene can shorten its lifespan. Just like real teeth, artificial teeth also require regular brushing and flossing to prevent dental issues such as gingivitis, loss of bone, infection or pain. At our clinic we offer a range of Dental Implants, find out more by selecting on of the banners below. Please contact us, if you’re interested in finding out more about Dental Implants.