A few times on managing braces which also help in avoiding to break a bracket.
A broken bracket can be a real inconvenience. However, it is pretty easy to avoid this by keeping in mind several tips:
- Avoid eating sticky or hard foods like toffee, sticky caramel, hard candy, popcorn, etc.
- Brush your teeth and floss every day. Maintaining good oral hygiene makes dealing with your braces far more manageable.
- When you are enjoying a meal, cut your food up into small pieces and chew with your back teeth rather than gnawing at the front.
- Be careful when you are flossing or using your interdental brush. Be gentle, don’t pull too hard on the wires.
- Don’t chew on hard objects like pens which can easily disrupt them
- If you do break one, try to resist fighting with it because this can cause your braces to loosen. Make booking an appointment to fix this your priority.
If a broken bracket is causing you pain, make sure you let your dentist know this when you are booking your appointment.
Call us on 6255 7800 today for information today!