Some fun facts about toothpaste and teeth
- Did you know you should brush your teeth for 2 minutes twice a day?
Brush all surfaces of your teeth, inside and outside surfaces of your teeth, using your soft toothbrush. In these 2 minutes, you should not be too aggressive as overtime you could wear your gums
- Did you know you are not suppose to rinse your mouth after brushing?
When brushing you should not rinse your mouth straight away. You should wait for the remaining toothpaste in your mouth to work its magic on your teeth.
- Did you know fluoride was introduced to toothpaste recently?
In 1956 fluoride was added to toothpaste. This recent ingredient is now an important part that helps to prevent tooth decay
- Did you know the enamel is the strongest substance in whole body?
The enamel covering your teeth is the hardest substance in your whole body! It is made up of 95% calcium compare to just 55% in your bones
- Did you know not everyone are born with wisdom teeth?
Up 35% of people are born with missing wisdom teeth. Some people are born with no wisdom teeth at all! Evolution has played a role in this because since our diet has changed, humans don’t need wisdom teeth anymore.