This month is all about tips on how to keep your smile white and bright!
- Avoid smoking! Not only is this bad for your general health, but also for your gum health. Tobacco causes brown stains which penetrate into the grooves and pits of your teeth which is very difficult to remove with a toothbrush
- Minimise foods that cause stains – this includes red wines, berries, sauces, tea and coffee. You don’t need to take these out of your diet, but drink more water whilst enjoying these foods.
- Drink plenty of water! Not only will it keep you hydrated but also minimise stains staying stationary on your teeth.
- Have a regular oral home-care routine. This includes at least 2 minutes ofbrushing twice a day and cleaning in-between all your teeth with floss, flossettes or piksters.
- Lastly, have general dental check-ups and cleans! This is the easiest way to ensure your smile is kept white and bright.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how your smile can be whiter or brighter, speak to your dental professional today!